- This event has passed.
July 22, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Save the date for a very special guest speaker on Sunday, July 22nd! LCC will welcome Pastor Jeff’s mentor and friend, Ravi Zacharias. Founder and President of RZIM, his ministries work to help thinkers believe and believers think. Invite a friend and hear Ravi speak during one of our two Sunday morning services at 9:00 and 10:30am.
RZIM exists to reach and challenge those who shape culture with the credibility of the gospel of Jesus Christ. In 2017, Zacharias’s vision to establish an apologetics training center in the United States with global reach was realized with the launch of the Zacharias Institute in Atlanta. RZIM has sixteen offices throughout the world in the United States, Canada, Peru, Kenya, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Austria, Spain, Romania, Macedonia, Turkey, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, and the Middle East. Through its global team of speakers and more than 200 employees worldwide, RZIM seeks to impact the heart and intellect of society’s thinkers and influencers through:
- Evangelism: RZIM shares the gospel through its global team of over 80 speakers and experts as well as its radio and television programs, podcasts, and publications that reach listeners and readers around the world.
- Apologetics: A team of evangelists and trained RZIM speakers participate in open forums, speaking engagements, panels, and debates to answer objections to Christianity with gentleness and respect.
- Spiritual Disciplines: RZIM strives to model and build Christ-like character through our books, group studies, and biblical resources.
- Training: RZIM hosts a range of programs and courses in the US, UK, India, Singapore, and online, which are designed to instruct and equip all who desire to effectively contend for the Christian worldview.
- Humanitarian Support: RZIM’s humanitarian arm, Wellspring International, identifies and financially equips existing organizations aiding women and children at risk and provides individual scholarships to support education, healthcare, and basic living needs.
Zacharias has spent the past 45 years commending the Christian faith and addressing life’s great existential questions of origin, meaning, morality, and destiny with eloquence and grace. He fully believes the truth of Jesus Christ can endure the toughest critiques and philosophical attacks. He has authored or edited over 25 books in the fields of theology, apologetics, comparative religion, and philosophy. Zacharias and his wife, Margie, have been married for 45 years and have three grown children. They reside in Atlanta.